Full care Horse Boarding for the horse's comfort and your peace of mind and convenience. Our light and airy barn has 12 x 12 stalls, open stall fronts, hooks for blankets, ample shavings and a large concrete aisle way covered in rubber mats for good footing. Each horse gets their own fan for the summer months and is provided with fresh water daily.
We have a shower stall for horses, with hot and cold water. Our farm has pipe fencing with 2 x 4 non-climb horse wire and pipe gates plus room to park your horse trailer. We feed twice daily with a variety of Purina feeds, will feed your supplements and give medication as needed, alfalfa available as an option. We board only up to 16 horses, so your horse will receive personal attention. We use a highly skilled farrier, who is a certified lameness expert and does an excellent job whether you have your horse trimmed or shod. The owners / trainers live on the premises and have been training and boarding horses professionally since 1999. Lessons are available.
Full Board Details & Rates are listed at the bottom of this Page.
Our farm is perfect for the avid trail rider. We border the LBJ Grasslands with a gate that opens directly to the equestrian trails giving you access to over 20,000 acres with 75 miles of permanently marked equestrian trails – no trailering required to ride on the trails. The trails offer a variety of terrain and scenery, from beautiful pine trees to open prairie dotted with wild plum bushes (yes they are edible) and large oak trees. We frequently see wildlife - deer, wild turkey, armadillos and even on a rare occasion, a bobcat. The trails are great to use for training or just to go have fun!
Every July we host a moonlight trail ride at the Grasslands. We also like to host scenic overnight trail rides to beautiful locations in Colorado, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Texas. These rides are a great way to bond with your horse, build your skills and have fun!
Everyone that boards here trail rides, even though some of us also enjoy the obstacle course or arena work.
Our large size dressage arena is 20 m x 60 m and has several layers of footing with great drainage for riding in all weather conditions. As a boarder you can use the arena to practice your test riding for shows or just for fun, or you can have lessons in the arena with one of our on site trainers.
We also have a working equitation / trail obstacle course to allow practice for ACTHA, Competitive Trail, and Working Equitation events judged on obstacles. Working Equitation Obstacle course – includes wooden bridge, poles, single and double slalom (poles), side-pass poles, rope gate, cow bell obstacle, table with pitcher, skewer the ring on the bull obstacle
Our indoor arena is a small size arena With mirrors, perfect for improving your 20, 15 or 10 meter circles, your corners or checking your shoulder-in for accuracy as you head towards the corner mirrors. It is perfect for riding inside on very hot or rainy days. It's also a great area to lunge your horse. Our footing is sand and clay and is designed for comfort and safety.
Board Rates Are: $520 per month
Full care only – no pasture board.
-Gate that opens directly to the equestrian trails on LBJ National Grasslands – access to over 20,000 acres with 75 miles of permanently marked equestrian trails – no trailering required to ride on the trails
· Standard size outdoor dressage arena
· Small indoor arena with mirrors
· Working Equitation Obstacle course – includes wooden bridge, poles, single and double slalom (poles), side-pass poles, rope gate, cow bell obstacle, table with pitcher, skewer the ring on the bull obstacle
· 12 x 12 stall with shavings and a fan for summer, stalls cleaned daily
· Blanketing in the winter
. Holding for the farrier
· Daily turn-out weather permitting in large managed coastal Bermuda pastures with large oak shade trees
· Hot water shower stall for horses, locked client tack room, bathroom with shower for clients, washer and dryer for blankets and saddle pads, refrigerator
· Pipe fencing with 2 x 4 non-climb horse wire and pipe gates
· Room to park your horse trailer, electric hook-up available for an additional charge
· Feeding twice daily with a variety of Purina feeds, will feed your supplements and give medication as needed, alfalfa available as an option
· Limited to 16 horses, so your horse will receive personal attention
· Owners / trainers live on the premises and have been training and boarding professionally since 1999
· Most of our boarders trail ride every week, some have been with us from 10 to 18 years and moved with us when we moved the farm from East of Dallas to Northwest of Fort Worth
· If you are unable to ride for an extended time or run into an issue with your horse, you have the option to put your horse in training or take lessons.
Lessons available. Visit our Training Page for more info on our Board & Training Package.